EFT, which stands for Emotional Freedom techniques – also referred to simply as Tapping, is a modern complementary therapy, and a very powerful healing modality, with its origins in ancient Chinese Medicine. It was developed by an American Stanford Engineer, Gary Craig.
The basic theory behind EFT is “the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system”, Gary Craig.
The energy system refers to the meridians, which are used in Chinese Acupuncture. However unlike acupuncture, in EFT your fingers are used to adjust the energy by tapping on certain energy points. This technique is safe, easy to use and portable. In experienced hands EFT can bring amazing results to whatever issues you are working on; it’s painless and often works when nothing else has. EFT is one of the best Energy Healing Therapies that I have ever come across and has a universal success rate of over 80%.
The main points we use in EFT are below:
EFT is a therapy that can stand alone or as a tool that can be used with Hypnotherapy, Life Coaching and Counselling, helping you to move forward by addressing and clearing what keeps you stuck. EFT works by neutralising or releasing the negative energy blocks. It is pain free and usually very gentle on your emotions, if you choose to work with a qualified practitioner. You can use EFT to combat stress with immediate effects OR you can dig deeper and use it to get to the core issues of the stress (or any other symptoms or negative issues that you have).
- EFT enables you to find and release the cause of anxiety and stress.
- Takes the emotional intensity out of traumatic memories
- Helps you lose weight and maintain your goal weight
- Very helpful in any stop smoking programme
- EFT helps you stay calm and feel more at peace with yourself, so that you are able to look at your life in a different way and have greater choice.
- Phobias: EFT is safe easy way to reduce the intensity of these feelings, so that you can gain back self control, greater self confidence, cope better with challenging situations, have relief from fear and greater freedom.